ULTS (Ultra Low Temperature Steel)
SAS Stressteel ULTS has been developed for the construction of large scale LNG Tanks. SAS ULTS has been used for a variety of LNG projects throughout the world and has surpassed all required testing to be used in such demanding applications.
SAS 500/600 fulfills all the requirements set forth in the updated DIN EN 14620-3, the internationally adapted standard for ULTS material testing.
SAS 500/600 ULTS is the threaded bar solution and cost cutting alternative to cryogenic rebar. The very high ductility of the material exceeds the requirements of the standards for ultra-low temperature applications.
SAS ULTS 500/600 has the same mechanical properties at – 165 degrees Celsius as standard reinforcement solutions at ambient temperature.
All known advantages of the SAS thread pattern persists:
- Cutting or extension with couplers are possible at any position of the bar
- Easy site approved assembly saving in labor costs ‘
- Screwable, coarse thread over the entire length of the bar with self-cleaning thread effect
- Coarse thread ensures optimal bond behavior to concrete
- All accessories exceed the maximum yield strength of the bars